Where possible, typed information is preferred, but not required. Hand-written submissions will only be considered for approval if they are legible. Any form that requires a signature and date should be hand signed or a digitally verified signature, and not typed.
Documents are either pdf, doc, or excel files. To fill in pdf format documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat. All public computing site cybrary workstations have this ability and any computing consultant can show you how to use it.
Frequently Used Forms
- Requisition Request Form (for requesting money): https://myubcard.com/students/requisition
- Alcohol Review Board (Permit Request)
- At this time all alcohol served on-campus will need to be ordered and served by Campus Dining and Shops (CDS). Student Engagement is currently working on a new Alcohol Policy. For more information, please contact Phyllis Floro at email@example.com
- General Services Contract
- Speaker Service Agreement
- W-9 Tax Form (for US citizens or businesses)
- W-8 Tax Form (for non-US citizens)
- Co-sponsorship Agreement (for giving money to another organization outside GSA)
- Charitable Contribution Form (for receiving money from another organization outside GSA)
- Special Activities Application
- Symposium Application
- Interdepartmental Activity Funding Application
- Community Outreach Program Funding Application
- Scholarly Publication Funding Application
Important Information for Club Officers
- Budgetary Guidelines
- Managing Your Club’s Budget
- Sample Club Minutes
- GSA Website Policy
- UB Ticket Office Policies and Procedures
- UB Ticket Office Forms (Please note that GSA will fill in the revenue account line number and will provide the two Government Officer Signatures):
- UBLinked Training Video with Tom Vane from Student Engagement (from September Board meeting)
Forms for Starting and/or Activating a Club
PLEASE NOTE: As of August 1, 2020 all club elections must now be held online via UBLinked. Please see the GSA Club Election Policy for more information and instructions.
- Club Recognition Policy Guidelines
- Please refer to this document first if you would like to start a new Special Interest or International club. It lists all of the requirement information, and the forms/documents needed in order to be considered for recognition.
- Club Data Form
- Officer Election Verification Form
- Board of Directors Election Verification Form
- All Board members must complete the online “Good Practices for Good Boards” program before they can serve on the GSA’s Board of Directors.
- Visual Reference Guide to accessing Board Training
- Go to boardstrong.org
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link for “Good Practices for Good Boards” under “More Resources”
- Sign up as a Board Candidate and log in
- Click the link for the “Good Practices Course” at the top of the page
- Complete the online training course and quizzes located at the bottom
- Once course is completed you should be able to see “My Quiz Results” at the bottom of the page. Click on the quiz number, and then select the “View Certificate” button at the top right side of the page. Follow the instructions to download a copy of the PDF Quiz Certificate of Completion. Email the certificate to the GSA office before you attend your first Board of Directors meeting.
- New Club Recognition Application
- Renewal Club Recognition Application
- Board Sheet
- Statement of Purpose
- Proposed Budget Sheet for International Clubs
- Proposed Budget Sheet for Special Interest Clubs
- Template By Laws for Clubs
- GSA Club Voting Petition (for Special Interest Clubs)
- Mandatory Officer Training is now available online. Please see the Mandatory Officer Training Information page for more details.
Deadlines for applying for Club Recognition for 2021-2022 academic year (these deadlines are for new or non-early recognized Special Interest and International clubs):
September 1st for the September 8th Board Meeting
September 29th for the October 6th Board Meeting
October 27th for the November 3rd Board Meeting
November 24th for the December 1st Board Meeting
PLEASE NOTE: Clubs can only be recognized at one of the Fall semester Board of Directors meetings. No clubs will be recognized during the Spring semester.
Frequently Used Vendors that will Directly Bill GSA
- Wegman’s (cards can be signed out at either GSA office)
- Franco’s, Besta, Santora’s, or Zetti’s Pizzerias
- Staples or Eaton Office Supply (GSA will place the order)
- University Bookstore
- Three Pillars Catering or any Campus Dining and Shops (CDS) organization
- The UPS Store (UB Commons)
- Any vendor that is willing to accept a PO and invoice for goods or services