Where possible, typed information is preferred, but not required. Hand-written submissions will only be considered for approval if they are legible. Any form that requires a signature and date should be hand signed or a digitally verified signature, and not typed.
Documents are either pdf, doc, or excel files. To fill in pdf format documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat. All UB public computing site workstations have this ability, or you can visit the Tech Squad on Silverman 3rd floor for assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 716-645-3542.
Frequently Used Forms
- Requisition Request Form (for requesting money): https://myubcard.com/students/requisition
- Food Permit Application– Any food served on campus that is not ordered through Three Pillars Catering will require an approved food permit. Please note that any food permit application submitted with less than 14 days notice is being denied. EH&S will no longer issue warnings.
- University Alcohol Policy
- The new campus policy states “When alcohol is provided at a hosted event, it must be served by a provider licensed to serve alcohol. Proof of use of a licensed provider is required at the time of approval; exceptions are not allowed and will not be processed when alcohol is served without a licensed provider.”
- Please contact Campus Dining and Shops if you wish to serve alcohol at your event, as they are the only licensed provider available on campus.
- General Services Contract
- Speaker Service Agreement
- W-9 Tax Form (for US citizens or businesses)
- W-8 Tax Form (for non-US citizens)
- Co-sponsorship Agreement (for giving money to another organization outside GSA)
- Charitable Contribution Form (for receiving money from another organization outside GSA)
- Special Activities Application
- Symposium Application
- Interdepartmental Activity Funding Application
- Community Outreach Program Funding Application
- Scholarly Publication Funding Application
Important Information for Club Officers
- Budgetary Guidelines
- Managing Your Club’s Budget
- GSA Club Election Policy
- Sample Club Minutes
- GSA Website Policy
- UB Ticket Office Policies and Procedures
- UB Ticket Office Forms:
- Please note that GSA will fill in the revenue account line number and will provide the two Government Officer Signatures
- UBLinked Training Video with Tom Vane from Student Engagement (from September 2021 Board meeting)
- UBLinked Resource Page
Forms for Starting and/or Activating a Club
PLEASE NOTE: All club elections must be held online via UBLinked. Please see the GSA Club Election Policy for more information and instructions.
- Club Recognition Memo (2022-2023)
- Club Recognition Policy Guidelines
- Please refer to this document first if you would like to start a new Special Interest or International club. It lists all of the requirement information, and the forms/documents needed in order to be considered for recognition.
- Club Data Form
- Officer Election Verification Form
- Board of Directors Election Verification Form
- All Board members must complete the online “Good Practices for Good Boards” program before they can serve on the GSA’s Board of Directors.
- Visual Reference Guide to accessing Board Training
- Go to boardstrong.org
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link for “Good Practices for Good Boards” under “More Resources”
- Sign up as a Board Candidate and log in
- Click the link for the “Good Practices Course” at the top of the page
- Complete the online training course and quizzes located at the bottom
- Once course is completed you should be able to see “My Quiz Results” at the bottom of the page. Click on the quiz number, and then select the “View Certificate” button at the top right side of the page. Follow the instructions to download a copy of the PDF Quiz Certificate of Completion. Email the certificate to the GSA office before you attend your first Board of Directors meeting.
- New Club Recognition Application
- Renewal Club Recognition Application
- Board Sheet
- Statement of Purpose
- Proposed Budget Sheet for International Clubs
- Proposed Budget Sheet for Special Interest Clubs
- Template By Laws for Clubs
- GSA Club Voting Petition (for Special Interest Clubs)
- Mandatory Officer Training is now available online. Please see the Mandatory Officer Training Information page for more details.
Deadlines for applying for Club Recognition for 2022-2023 academic year (these deadlines are for new or non-early recognized Special Interest and International clubs):
August 31st for the September 7th Board Meeting
September 28th for the October 5th Board Meeting
October 26th for the November 2nd Board Meeting
November 30th for the December 7th Board Meeting
PLEASE NOTE: Clubs can only be recognized at one of the Fall semester Board of Directors meetings. No clubs will be recognized during the Spring semester.
Frequently Used Vendors that will Directly Bill GSA
- Wegman’s (cards can be signed out at either GSA office)
- Franco’s Pizza or La Rosa Pizzeria
- Staples or Eaton Office Supply (GSA will place the order)
- University Bookstore
- Three Pillars Catering or any Campus Dining and Shops (CDS) organization
- The UPS Store (UB Commons)
- Any vendor that is willing to accept a PO and invoice for goods or services