Call for Research Participants ~ Afro-Caribbean or Black Caribbean Graduate Student Women

My name is Allante Moon and I’m a current Ph.D. student at Pennsylvania State University. For my dissertation, I want to conduct interviews to understand the experiences of Afro-Caribbean women navigating their educational journey as a graduate student at a four-year SUNY university or college in New York.

I am requesting your assistance in identifying potential participants for this my dissertation study. To qualify for participation, one must meet the following criteria: (a) Must be enrolled at a 4-year institution as a graduate student; (b) must identify as a woman; and (c) self-identify as Afro-Caribbean, Black Caribbean, West Indian, or of Black African ancestry from the Caribbean.

As part of the study, participants are required to complete a short demographic questionnaire and participate in two 60 to 90-interview sessions. The semi-structured interviews will take place via Zoom. Following the second interview, all willing participants will receive information about the in-person focus group. After the completion of the interviews, participants will receive a $25 gift card and an additional $10 gift card if they decide to participate in a focus group session in New York. Location to be announced.

If you know someone who may be interested in participating in this study or have any questions about this study, will you please have them contact me at Moon@psu.edu.