- This event has passed.
University Wide Recognition Deadline
2023-2024 University-wide recognition process (done every year on UBLinked) will open for GSA-recognized clubs on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, at 12:01 a.m. Your recognizing agent has set your club’s re-registration period to close on Sunday, October 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
This process provides clubs and organizations with more support and access to institutional resources. The formal policy is found here and outlines its purpose, benefits of recognition, eligibility requirements, responsibilities of organizations, and non-discriminatory practices. This document provides evidence that university-wide recognition is proven through an up-to-date and university approved UBLinked page.
Failure to complete the registration form by the deadline will result in a complete loss of the following for the student organization:
- Access to the University at Buffalo name and logo
- Access to funding from the Mandatory Student Activity Fee if recognized by a student government
- Ability to reserve/rent space on campus for events and meetings
- Access to vendor and lobby tables in the Student Union
- Privilege to conduct fundraising activities on campus
- Financial services through a University Fiscal Agent
- Eligibility to participate in all membership recruitment opportunities
- Access to the organization’s UBLinked page
The loss of benefits will last until the organization re-registers during the following re-registration window, which will open on August 1, 2024.
Be sure to maintain current information on UBLinked
- Maintain current contact information of all officers, advisors, and liaisons.
- Maintain a current roster of active members.
- Maintain a current copy of your organization’s constitution and by-laws, including those organizations external to the University with which the group may be affiliated.
More information on information related to clubs and organizations here at UB and our recognition process, can be found at the website below:
- When you log on to your group’s UBLinked page you will be prompted to re-register your organization.
Please keep in mind that only executive board members or primary contacts can re-register an organization. Please contact your executive board if you are not listed in an executive board position on UBLinked. E-Board members will be able to update the roster.
If your organization has not elected a new executive board, you must still re-register your organization before the deadline of October 15, 2023. If you will be holding your organization elections after August 1, 2023, but before October 15, 2023, you will have to wait to re-register your organization until the next executive board is elected. Please be sure to log back in to UBLinked to update the executive board once elections are over.
- From there it will provide you with a list of organizations you manage. Click the organization you would like to re-register. This will take you to a new page that will offer a button that reads “Re-Register An Organization.” Click that button to continue.
- You will then be prompted to update your club/organizations general information. This includes the following:
- Organization Description
- Website Info
- Contact Information (Please do not put your personal information)
- The next step relates to the Organization Roster. You will be asked to update executive board member positions. Select the position, and then list the person’s name and e-mail in their respective areas. You will not be able to move on until all the required positions are filled. You must click add in between the entry of each position.
The only mandatory position for every student organization is the Events Coordinator. This can be one or multiple individuals. The Events Coordinator will serve as the liaison between the organization and the university regarding events. The person/people that hold this position will be the only individuals that can create events and reserve space using UBLinked.
- You will then review the roster. We highly recommend removing members who have left or graduated or adding any new members that have expressed interest in joining. In some cases, no changes will need to be made.
- Next, upload the most recent version of your organization constitution or bylaws. The constitution you upload must be the most recent constitution approved by your recognizing agent. This is where many student organizations get stuck. Please be sure this is accurate. You can always reach out to the GSA before you re-register to ensure you are using the approved constitution the GSA has on file.
- Next upload a profile picture that accurately depicts your organization. This can be of students, or an organization logo.
- Finally, you’ll complete the additional information. This includes:
- Official Name
- Primary Contact for Organization (typically an executive board member)
- Primary Contact’s email address
- The Organization’s Recognizing Agent (GSA)