GLY 427/527: Statistics and Modeling of Geologic Data
Essential MATLAB for Engineers and Scientists, by Brian Hahn and Daniel T. Valentine, Sixth Edition (2016). Access ebook via UB Libraries: tinyurl.com/GLY427527Hahn
- Mathematical Modeling of Earth’s Dynamical Systems: A Primer, by Rudy Slingerland and Lee Kump (2011). Access ebook at UB Libraries: tinyurl.com/GLY427527Slingerland
- I used the Matlab Grader (https://grader.mathworks.com) to administer and score student labs. I was pretty happy with it.
GLY 447/457: Glaciology
- Benn and Evans, 2011. Glacier and Glaciation. 2nd edition. ISBN: 978-0340905791.
- I am using the Matlab Grader (https://grader.mathworks.com) to administer and score student labs. So far so good.
- Mathworks also has a Matlab Onboarding tutorial that I assign as Lab 1. It takes about 2 hours to complete and is a good introduction to coding / interpreted languages. This tutorial is at https://matlabacademy.mathworks.com .
GLY 493: Department Colloquium
- Pegrum Seminar Series
- The semester schedule is sometimes available at https://arts-sciences.buffalo.edu/geology/news-events/events.html .
GLY 102: Climate Change
- Andrew Dessler, Introduction to Modern Climate Change, 2nd Edition, 2016, Cambridge University Press.