We meet weekly in the Glacier Modeling Lab to learn from each other and from external sources.
Goals and themes:
- Roughly every three weeks, read and discuss a current glaciology paper
- Roughly every three weeks, have a workshop where we produce tangible outputs related to science, career, or outreach
- Week 1 [Sept 2] : Glacier Modeling Lab goals and group expectations: In the books!
- Week 2 [Sept 10]: Career goals and make the schedule!
- Week 3 [Sept 17]: Scientific workflow Q&A
- Led by Donglai ⭐
- Week 4 [Sept 24]: Journal club, co-led by Jess and Kristin
- Week 5 [Oct 1]: How to apply to graduate school workshop, led by Courtney, Donglai, Jess, and Naureen.
- Grad Cafe
- All sorts of other resources they will share!
- Week 6 [Oct 8]: Website research biography editing workshop (1 of 2)
- Week 7 [Oct 15]: Journal club, led by Donglai
- Week 8 [Oct 22]: CV workshop
- Showcase of our existing CVs
- Time in person to revise
- Week 9 [Oct 29]: Topic TBD
- Week 10 [Nov 5]: Journal club, led by Courtney
- Week 11 [Nov 12]: Website research biography editing workshop (2 of 2)
- Week 12 [Nov 19]: Journal club, led by Naureen
- (Courtney away at SC21 Supercomputing Conference!!!)
- Week 13 [Thanksgiving]: No meeting
- Week 14 [Dec 3]: AGU practice talks (Kristin and possibly Jess or Courtney)
- Title: Are the Sermilik Fjord glaciers terminus-controlled, runoff-controlled, or runoff-adapting? Decomposition of glacier speed maps at Helheim, Fenris, Midgard, and Pourquoi-Pas Glaciers, 2006-2019
- Week 15 [Dec 10]: AGU practice talks (Jess and/or Courtney)
- Title: Spatial and Temporal Lags in Meltwater Propagation Through the Greenland Ice Sheet Hydraulic System
- Title: Comparing the Shallow-Shelf and L1L2 Approximations using BISICLES in the Context of MISMIP+ with Buttressing Effects
- Exam week [Dec 17]: AGU week, no group meeting