We are pleased to announce the release of our Practical Guide to Meaningful Gamification learning module. The module is an Open Educational Resource (OER) meant to provide educators with the tools necessary to develop their own meaningful, gamified learning activities.
Module Link: Practical Guide to Meaningful Gamification
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Platforms: Windows PC, Apple Mac, iPad and iPhone (iOS), Android and Windows Phone
Audio: Headphones/speakers strongly recommended
– Mozilla Firefox – all platforms: Not recommended
– Windows: Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Google Chrome, Opera 9.5 or higher
– Macintosh: Safari 3 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 3.x or higher, Google Chrome
– Linux: Mozilla Firefox 3.x or higher, Google Chrome
The module is broken up into three sections:
– What is Gamification?
– How Do We Implement Gamification That Works?
– Ways You Might Use Gamification in Your Class
– We encourage feedback and want to hear if the module has inspired you to gamify your teaching.
- MeGa Learning Module Reflection Log– Use this document in conjunction with the learning module to assist you in making a plan to apply gamification
- Gamification Quick Reference Guide– This reference guide provides further clarification on gamification terminology
- Game elements– A list of game elements with definitions and examples
- Download the Module Package – Download the OER for your own purposes. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Continue the conversation with us via our various social media channels.