In this video on YouTube, Stephen Butzler, MBA ’18, former member of the U.S. Marine Corps, discusses his career path including his decision to pursue an MBA, why he chose the University at Buffalo, and how his military experience impacted aspects of his experience. He offers insight on numerous topics including financial support, time management and work-life balance. Butzler is data and analytics lead with rprt, a consultancy focused on technology, analytics, and business development in health care.
Veterans have already demonstrated leadership, team building, critical thinking and the ability to assess problems and make decisions in difficult and dynamic environments. As you transition from the military, those are the exact skills employers are seeking. Butzler explains how the MBA program helped him apply those skills in his civilian career.
The UB MBA is an affordable opportunity:
- All military and veterans, regardless of home state of record, are eligible for New York State in-state tuition
- Your GI Bill covers UB tuition as well as a living stipend
- Supplement your costs with Yellow Ribbon funding, state grants and school scholarships
- In New York, your spouse is also eligible for SUNY in-state tuition
- We provide application fee waivers for all military and veterans. You may also be eligible for a GMAT waiver
Although not listed as a current VA Yellow Ribbon participant, UB proudly offers students tuition benefits commensurable to those of the Yellow Ribbon program. The VA Yellow Ribbon Program generally provides additional funding for students who are charged out-of-state tuition. Provisions in the Veteran Access to Care Act of 2014 require all public universities, such as UB, to offer in-state tuition to honorably discharged veterans and eligible dependents.
UB offers a supportive environment to help you realize your goals. We look forward to talking with you about how we can help advance your career.
Learn more about the MBA program at management.buffalo.edu.