These files contain background information relevant to the genome annotation project as well as detailed instructions for each module.
Please note that GENI-ACT has undergone a major revision and the detailed module instructions are in the process of being updated to reflect the changes. While that is happening feel free to use the abbreviated step-by-step PowerPoint presentations that can be found here.
- Title Page, Table of Contents and Background Information
- Getting Started With GENI-ACT
- Module 1: Basic Information
- Module 2: Sequence Based Similarity
- Module 3: Structure Based Evidence
- Module 4: Cellular Localization
- Module 5: Alternative Open Reading Frame
- Module 6: Enzymatic Function
- Module 7: Duplication and Degradation
- Module 8: Horizontal Gene Transfer
- Module 9: RNA
- Final Annotation
- Troubleshooting GENI-ACT
- Link to the MS Word blank GENI-ACT Notebook referred to in the Troubleshooting GENI-ACT link.
- Link to the SEPA Poster Template to Edit for the Capstone Symposium
- A completed GENI-ACT Notebook page for Ksed_00010 (now known as KSED_RS00005)
- What do I do if all of my BLAST searches seem to have all the top hits from the same genus or species? – see the Troubleshooting GENI-ACT link above and scroll to the section “What do I do if my blast searches seem to have all the top hits from the same genus or species?”