Enriching Experience: Why I’m Pursuing an MBA after Two Master’s Degrees

Written by: Neetu Sharma, MBA ’24

Embarking on the pursuit of an MBA at the University at Buffalo stands as a testament to the strategic orchestration of my educational trajectory, interwoven with the pursuit of multidisciplinary knowledge. My academic journey has been an evolutionary expedition, encompassing diverse domains and encapsulating the essence of adaptability and multifaceted expertise. Earning my bachelor’s in economics laid the groundwork by introducing me to the fundamental principles that underpin business dynamics and economic landscapes.

Venturing further, the acquisition of a Master’s in Advertising and Public Relations Management broadened my horizons, delving into the intricacies of marketing and strategic communication. This immersive experience not only honed my creative acumen but also instilled in me profound understanding of the symbiosis between business strategy and effective communication, expanding the dimensions of my expertise.

A subsequent pursuit led me to a Master’s in Information Technology at Valparaiso University, a pivotal juncture where I delved into technological innovation. This phase fortified my analytical capabilities, marrying technology with business strategy and equipping me with a robust understanding of the intersection between digital landscapes and organizational success.

Now, standing at the threshold of pursuing an MBA at the University at Buffalo specializing in finance and analytics, my academic odyssey converges into a strategic inflection point. This decision is not just an augmentation of my academic repertoire, but a calculated progression towards comprehensive professional adeptness. The University at Buffalo’s MBA program embodies the quintessence of my career aspirations. Its specialized curriculum aligns seamlessly with my prior educational odyssey, synergizing my expertise in economics, marketing and technology with a focus on financial strategy and analytical prowess.

This decision is not just about acquiring knowledge, it’s about leveraging a comprehensive skill set honed across diverse disciplines. It’s about harnessing the power of holistic education to navigate the intricacies of modern business landscapes, armed with a multifaceted toolkit encompassing financial acumen and analytical dexterity.

Moreover, the collaborative ecosystem and experiential learning opportunities at the University at Buffalo promise an immersive educational expedition. Engaging with a diverse cohort of accomplished individuals mirrors real-world scenarios, fostering adaptability and fortifying collaboration – crucial skills in the dynamic global business sphere. The pursuit of an MBA at the University at Buffalo represents the culmination of my educational journey, a testament to the deliberate cultivation of diverse expertise. It symbolizes an amalgamation of my prior educational endeavors, propelling me towards a career trajectory that integrates financial strategy, analytical insights, and a multidisciplinary approach to impactful leadership.

Neetu Sharma, MBA '24

Bio: Neetu is from Bhopal, India – well known as city of lakes in the state of Madhya Pradesh. Bhopal is also known for its unfortunate Bhopal Gas Tragedy that badly hit the city in December 1984 at the Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL) pesticide plant in Bhopal. Apart from this tragic incident, her city offers beautiful landscape surrounded by the lakes and excellent flora and fauna that makes her city an ideal place to dwell with fresh air.

Having travelled over the world, Neetu still feels connected with her home & often feels nostalgic!

She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Economics from her hometown and moved out to pursue her first master’s degree in advertising and Public Relations Management. After her first graduate degree, she realized how fast the world is moving and how she needs to plan out her career and personal life in tandem with the changing times. After successfully working in the Advertising & Media domain, she decided for a master’s degree in information technology since IT was changing everything from the mundane life to the corporate affairs! This phenomenal change in the global level motivated her to study Information Technology from Valparaiso University, Indiana, USA.

While she was pursuing her masters in IT – she decided for an MBA but the COVID pandemic shook her plans. Her firm dedication and constant efforts were finally heard, and she got her MBA admission to the University at Buffalo with a Connection 2 Excellence scholarship.

In her free time she loves to research about Indian economic and political scenario, about the great Indian leaders who worked hard in building India – which is known for not just its culture but also its diversity and unity! Neetu simply loves travelling either solo or with her husband, enjoys cooking, arts, and is a fitness freak who hardly got any time during the MBA program to work on her fitness!

Last but not the least, Neetu is a huge dog lover!