What does this program offer me?
If your spouse or partner is drinking too much, has a drinking problem, or is an alcoholic, this online program offers help in reducing the stress and frustration you may feel as a result of problems brought on by his drinking. See why you sometimes feel like you’re spinning your wheels when it comes to dealing with his drinking. Learn information on how to stop spinning your wheels by using new and different ways to cope with the problems his drinking is causing. These new ways of coping are aimed at reducing your stress, improving your life, and may help motivate him to do something about his drinking.
The program is part of research evaluating different ways of helping women like you. The research is being conducted by the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, in collaboration with the University of Oregon Prevention Science Institute.
What is the program like?
• It is free of charge
• It is confidential, and secure
• You do it at your own pace, from the comfort of your home, or a location of your choosing
• Learn from watching, reading, or interacting with the site
• Developed by professionals
• Research phone interviews and online questionnaires occur before you start, and four more times over the course of 15 months
• You will be paid for your time completing the interviews.
• The program is available to residents of New York State
How do I sign up, or get more information?
• Click or tap “Take the Self-Screen Now” below as a first step to see for yourself if this program might be right for you. If the project seems right for you and you are still interested, you’ll learn more about it and be asked to provide contact information to schedule a phone interview.
• You can also call 716-887-2484 (toll free from a landline: 800-679-3010) for more information. After hours, leave a confidential voice message (first name, phone #, & best times to call)