What is AAUW?
AAUW, the American Association of University Women, was founded in 1881 by a few foresighted women in order to broaden opportunities and assist other women in higher education.
AAUW has more than 1,000 branches across the continental United States, Alaska , Hawaii , Guam , and Puerto Rico . AAUW members enjoy opportunities to network at the local, state and national levels, sponsor community action projects to promote equity, serve in leadership positions, and lobby local and state legislators on AAUW priority issues.
Membership Benefits Also Include:
- Stimulating Programs, Projects and Study Groups
- Shared Values and Interests
- Informative Local, State, and National Publications
- Expertise and Representation on Education and Equity Issues
- Financial Resources for Education
- Leadership Training Opportunities
- Monthly Branch Newsletter
To learn more about AAUW Buffalo Branch membership, click HERE to request information.